We left you in Dinner Key, Miami wondering what we were going to do next.

Since then, we sailed south 22 miles to Angelfish Creek, south again another 18 miles or so to Rodriguez Key and onto a little marina for fuel, water and fresh tuna, then back up to Angelfish Creek for a night, then back to Miami Beach. And here we sit!

As Ryan posted he did go to the top of the mast and fix the wind indicator… All 56.5 feet of it.

We posted his video on Facebook as we can't get the ipad to do it here!

It was nice in angelfish creek except the keys are mangroves so there is no place for Goose to do his business. We ended up running him in twice a day to the resort and pretending we were staying there. I am sure no one thought we were boat bums… Besides who cares! Just because they fly in their Lear jets.

We got some work done. The solar panel is installed and working great. It is super nice to see the batteries being charged whenever the sun is out!

After a couple of days we decided to head on further down Key Largo and look for a store and some water, and maybe run out to a reef for some snorkeling.

We did stop. But Ryan wasn't interested as he is heavily invested in his new “anermation”. It is going to be funny as heck.

So on we sailed (no motor, no fuel costs, no noise!) through the day to arrive at a nice quiet anchoring spot behind Rodriquez Key for the night. With the moon rising, a cold bev, and the stars out, you could not have ordered a nicer evening.

The next morning we moved up this very narrow channel to get some fuel, groceries and water. It turned out to be a commercial fishermans port and there was an awesome fresh fish supply where we got tuna and shrimp.

We sailed out to a reef on Pennekamp Park and the boys jumped in to try the snorkels. The combination of slightly rough water, chilly temps, and underperforming masks and snorkels did not make the first trip the one to remember.

Back to angelfish creek for the night then up and back out early on Monday for the 25 mile sail back to Miami Beach. Since we were not sure where we were going, and we knew the wind was going to come out of the NW and blow kinda hard we made tracks.

Sure enough it did end up blowing 30 mph (25 knots) but we were able to make the sail with just one tack.

What started out with a beautiful sail with main, mizzen and genoa slowly turned into a half rolled up genoa, dropped main and mizzen, and she was still sailing at 7.5 knots!

By 3pm we were in the lee of Miami and the water was much calmer.

We found a spot to anchor and wait out the next day of winds and chilly weather until today when the 80 degree days came back. Now we are back in a routine of getting the boat in shape, taking Goose in twice a day, keeping up with web clients and paws4people commitments and living life in the slow lane.

Today the anchor windlass got torn down to find the leak, and all the wood in the cockpit got scraped and sanded ready for 5 or 6 coats of varnish.

Slowly but surely Yume is looking and running better and better. All it takes is time and money.

We have plenty of time!